360° Excavator (Above 10 tonne)
Candidates who have no previous or little experience of operating plant machinery. The candidate should have a reasonable degree of physical fitness.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to operate the 360 Degree Excavator safely and correctly in accordance with the manufactures handbook and accepted good practice. The candidate will have the knowledge and understanding in order to carry out pre-start and function test. Configure the 360 degree Excavator for travelling over uneven ground, carry out various tasks ie. loading various machine, stock pilling, excavating different trenches to given tolerances and cleaning or grading a given area. Place the 360 degree Excavator in an out of service condition. Carry out general maintenace.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Training DVD’s
- Correct PPE
- Introduction to the 360 Deg Excavator
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-start and function checks
- Starting, moving and stopping the machine
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Driving on Inclines
- Loading various size machine/trailers/lorries
- Excavating various trenches
- Re fueling
- Parking the machine correctly
- General Maintenance
1-Day Health & Safety Classroom based.
9-Days Theory & Practical on site