Mobile Elevated Working Platform Boom
Candidates who have no previous or little experience of operating plant machinery. The candidate should have a reasonable degree of physical fitness and not be afraid of heights.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to operate the MEWP safely and correctly in accordance with the manufactures handbook and accepted good practice. The candidate will have the knowledge and understanding in order to carry out pre-start and function test. Configure the MEWP for site travel, basic safe use of harness, access different working places at various heights and know the emergency lowewring procedures. Place the MEWP in an out of service condition. Carry out general maintenace.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Training DVD’s
- Correct PPE
- Introduction to harness and safe working practices
- Introduction to the MEWP
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-start and function checks
- Starting, moving and stopping the machine
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Accessing various working places at various heights
- Use the emergency lowering procedures
- Parking the machine correctly
- Re charging or fuelling
- General Maintenance
1-Day Health & Safety Classroom based.
3-Days Theory & Practical on site