Ride On Roller
Candidates who have no previous or little experience of operating plant machinery. The candidate should have a reasonable degree of physical fitness.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to operate the Ride on Roller safely and correctly in accordance with the manufactures handbook and accepted good practice. The candidate will have the knowledge and understanding in order to carry out pre-start and function test. Configure the Ride on Roller for travelling over uneven ground. The candidate will understand the compaction process of different materials. They will be working on a purpose built road way compacting and layering materials to spec within a curbed area incorporating inspection chambers and obstructions. Place the Ride on Roller in an out of service condition. Carry out general maintenace.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Training DVD’s
- Correct PPE
- Introduction to the Ride on Roller
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-start and function checks
- Starting, moving and stopping the machine
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Compaction and layering of materials
- Working in a curbed area
- Compacting around chambers and obstructions
- Re fuelling
- Parking the machine correctly
- General Maintenance
1-Day Health & Safety Classroom based.
4-Days Theory & Practical on site