Wheeled Loading Shovel
Candidates who have no previous or little experience of operating plant machinery. The candidate should have a reasonable degree of physical fitness.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to operate the Wheeled Loading Shovel safely and correctly in accordance with the manufactures handbook and accepted good practice. The candidate will have the knowledge and understanding in order to carry out pre-start and function test. Configure the Telescopic Handler for travelling over uneven ground, levelling and cleaning working areas, building stockpiles, carrying out controlled hill starts, loading vehicles or hoppers. Place the Wheeled Loading Shovel in an out of service condition. Carry out general maintenace.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Training DVD’s
- Correct PPE
- Introduction to the Wheeled Loading Shovel
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-start and function checks
- Starting, moving and stopping the machine
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Driving on Inclines
- Carrying out hill starts
- Levelling and cleaning working area
- Building Stockpiles
- Load a lorry bed
- Loading Vehicles or Hoppers
- Re fueling
- Parking the machine correctly
- General Maintenance
1/2-Day Health & Safety Classroom based.
3 1/2-Days Theory & Practical on site